Friday, November 4, 2016

summer 2016

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم الحمد لله
 神様へ、、、

today marks one month i came back to Japan.
a country where it isn't ideal to live, but ideal to work and strive for success in the secular world.
i am glad i took that leap of faith to just have a very long break and never would i have thought, it was the best decision i ever did.

yes,  i do missed some of the biggest concerts of the year
yes, i was taken back by not working part time in summers
yes,  i do break some very important appointments and meet ups, but at the end of the day, its not the money we owned or the sympathy ( i am still sorry ) , but it is the positive vibe of happiness gained and sharing it with others.
we aint living in our own world. its a society world.

first, i am more than grateful to be able to had a straight discussion talk with my mother. at last it came to a point where i can break through the asian culture of doing what must be done, instead what i want and the potential I can do in my future. the call is there, the passion that is always blooming, i am now drafting my future undertakes. whatever the world awaits, i am ready !

second, I learned that all the media circling in the internet about Malaysia are just plain bullshit. Let's be realistic and try to live for a second. some might not find it a heaven on earth country, but i find it as a home. a place where i could recharge all the energy with my love ones. thats fair enough. meeting with the people who knew me from the start,my old school teachers and hanging out with my friends. managed to find some time to celebrate Malaysia independence day in August, together with the crowds in the hearts of Kuala Lumpur. There, you could see for yourself and experience the true patriotism displayed by the citizens. I do agree on capitalism and socioeconomic difference. But the antagonism rumors and propaganda in the internet are being double ( or shall i say triple ) by the keypad warriors. you will missed the good side of the country if you keep on living by the sidelines and judging.

Third, the last minute decision to go to Jordan is worth every penny and hardship.
Others might say it is not a safe country, but my positive thinking fought my way through.
the world is not safe, you can prevent from going to red zone countries, but you cant hide if its your call. with good intention , inshallah , He is there to protect you along the way. ( and He did)
Bare in mind Jordan is not at war.
Its between the prolonged war zone countries, Palestine and Syria.
since going there was fully sponsored by myself (of course!) my friends and I are in dead tight string budget. we even had to hitch hike because we were running out of cash. Yes ! Jordan one of the most expensive country i have ever been to compare to the service I get. the currency at the moment was 5.8 times Malaysia currency ( 1 American dollar is roughly 4 times of Malaysia Ringgit ) imagine that ! and the fee to enter 7 wonders of the world, Petra was 50 JD per person, whereas the locals just 2 JD. Meet so many great people along the way and surprisingly there was this Malaysian who had been traveling all his life with almost 110 countries covered. Wadi rum was just magnificent as the array display of bright stars and milky way was visible clearly at night ! it was way better than in Sahara Desert. Even crosscheck experienced fighting (verbally ) with the arab locals and getting invitation for a  sleepover with the arab family and a trip to the dead sea. real balance there.
    the fight start of when the son of the hotel owner is insisting on paying extra room for the third person whom is my friend who arrived late. As i am being myself, i am going to stand firm and not pay the unnecessary bills. here i would like to thank the culture of Japanese handling customer in the utmost polite way with a little bit of my drama skill (of course! ). it save us through the fight and it end up being a victory for us with a night free of charge.
   As for the arab family who invited us, she was very kind and so does the kids and husbands. the experienced changed my perspective towards Middle east sociology too.

 But all in all, Jordan is a beautiful place with such great amount of history that we can learn and apply in life. As i am such a big fat dramatic person, this country is in my list that i cried upon leaving. such a tremendous impact it had put on me. an experience i shall treasure and share.
the best part was of course, our main intention to volunteer and be part of the school established for the Syrian refugee kids. [ full stories in a different post ]

I have experienced the world of marriage and near death situation at the same time.
one of my closest friend in college went down the aisles with her dream guy, and my dearest grandfather's younger brother was admitted in the hospital. pray for him. syafakillah.






back to main question, why am i writing this ?
just as i am forgetting the good deeds in life that others have showered me with, i am slowing drowning in the world of workaholic and fun life again. it is a personal reminder to myself and hopefully for others as well.
then again everything are related to my personal experiences and thoughts. 

No comments: